Mar 26, 2007

More adventures with the Fishing Nazi


I remember this time that my dad took my daughter and I to the lake(Roosevelt). I agreed to go, even though my dad is the Fishing Nazi, and there were zero showers or bathrooms. I am figuring hey, I can manage a couple of days. Oh no.... We stayed for 9 days!! And, my Boo was only 9 months at the time. I think he really enjoys seeing my suffer. Well anyways during this particular trip, Boo managed to almost grab a Gila Monster, ran out of diapers (she was free pooping) and wore a dish towel when i could wash it, fell out of the truck window(wasn't moving, hey I am not THAT negectful), and consumed about 5 pounds of live minnows (she wouldn't stay out of the bucket).She looked like the worst case welfare baby I had ever seen.We smelled like trout, and I couldn't move any extremity I had due to the second degree burns. We lived off the land, which meant a consistent diet of bass and potatoes. Every single meal....
I laugh to myself now, but at times I wonder how that man managed to rear up two (relatively) normal people. Stop laughing... I have moments of clarity.
I don't know why I thought of this this morning, but I did. Now you are stuck with these images. Enjoy ;)

9 comments:

Pookie said...

Has that completely turned you off of "roughing it" in the wild?

Now it's only the best for our Blanco-Diva - Motel 66. lol j/k We know it's really the Hilton. *gives a big smile* Have to support the Hilton Sister's somehow. haha

4 Non Blogs said...

As a card carrying member of the Nazi party, I find this post highly offensive.

Blancodeviosa said...

Pook- i don't mind tenting it for a little while, but enuff is enuff. and NO!! i won't support those hiltons. bleh.... bitches

sKin- like doooode... get over it :)

Knitty Yas said...

hahahah!!! oh girl camping is only fun when there is an abundance of toilet paper available.

JR's Thumbprints said...

Sounds a bit like the annual catfish tournament I go to. Minus the little tikes of course.

captain corky said...

Sounds pretty rough. Especially because there was no beer. Camping and Beer go hand and hand together. But then again you did have a child who was only 9 months old so maybe it's good that there was no beer.

Blancodeviosa said...

yas- hell with toilet paper, give me a real toilet.

jr- hi and welcome- hell my dad probably stays at the days inn for tournaments. i think he just likes to see how much shit i can take when i am around.

corky- i would have killed for beer.

Drizel said...

whahahahahaha....now I am just gonna check your Boo....funny girl:)

Blancodeviosa said...

etain- yes boo is a real cool cat. i could tell you stories of that child. never a dull moment