Apr 4, 2007

oK, I am beginning to scare myself.


I have extraordinary dreams. What some might call nightmares just fascinate the shit out of me. I ponder where my mind went during the night and try to find out the root of the messed up crap that I awake too in the morning. Most nights, when I dream I don't have enough time to lay in bed and hardwire the memory of the dream into my brain, I forget. Just get that vague feeling that is was strange or a feeling of de ja vu. But last night was one of those nights in which the dream was so vivid that it awoke me.



I take you to a place I have never been. I am at an aquarium of some sort, but all the tanks are empty. There isn't much residing there besides algae and such. Really to murky to see in. I am wondering around trying to see inside and I realize I can't see in because I have eyeballs. In this realm, you can only see with your mind. So, I sit and think about stuff. (Can't remember what, dream logic you know) Then suddenly, I reach up and start to pluck my own eye out with my fingers.

Then I wake up to pain and soon realize that I am re-inacting the dream and have a firm grip on my eyeball which in which the only thing saving it is my closed eyelids.....
What I am wondering now is if, I hadn't awaken, been in one of my drugged sleep inducing comas would I have went through with it? Just think, I could have a cyclops today! Wow, I surprise even myself and I know what to expect. Hmmm.... Maybe I shouldn't sleep anymore.

6 comments:

MacGuffin said...

You can still sleep, we just need to buy you a super deluxe comfy straightjacket. I don't want my eyeballs plucked out either. :)

Blancodeviosa said...

ahahaha... yeah no shit. between you arm flaying and my random eye plucking, we are quite a pair..

MacGuffin said...

lol true, true.

Pookie said...

you two are too cute AND scary. lol. much love. :)

captain corky said...

Your dreams are the craziest! I just love hearing about them the next day.

Blancodeviosa said...

pookie- yeah, we're freaks. it's bad when your own children shake their heads at you. i am sure they will send me their therapy bills..

corky- yep, i guess odd birds lay odd dreams. ok that makes no sense, but neither does the fact i wore 2 right shoes the other day (on purpose). What?? you couldn't tell....