Apr 30, 2007

Ok, soooo.. I'm an asshole again

In a major way. Well not always and wasn't trying to be in this case, buuut...

Back in March my Macguffin bought a Madman statue on Ebay. After a week, we still hadn't received an e-mail from this guy so we think well maybe he's busy. We wait another week, still no response so we start bombarding this guy with e-mails stating we paid for the item, we want our crap, yada... Nothing..

So we wait the full month and I lodge a complaint with paypal. I still get nothing so I file the claim hootie and all that jazz.. then I get- this!!
It was sent to me randomly by another ebayer who hadn't received their stuff either and were wondering about this guy. They googled his name first and found out BEFORE they waged war on him. Guess I just feel guiltly because I kept telling Mac that maybe he died or something. I didn't really think it to be the case!!

16 comments:

4 Non Blogs said...

Really, that's no fucking excuse.
This is a Madman statue, godammit!

MacGuffin said...

Exactly my thoughts skinny! Actually, I felt rather bad about it. First negative I ever left anyone on eBay. Helps my guilt complex along.

Blancodeviosa said...

skin- well, where the hell have you been??

mac- at least now we know...

Jay said...

So, are you going to file a claim against his estate?



Oh, I'm a REALLY terrible person aren't I?





/joking ... I was joking. ;-)

Blancodeviosa said...

jay- it's funny, i was asked the same thing today. i have already lodged a claim, but i think i will just let it be. i guess the family has been through enough.

Big Pissy said...

C'mon! How could you have possibly known?!?!?

Seems like ebay could at least refund your money. As much business as they do, situations like this must have come up before.

Such a tragedy for this poor guy and his family. :(

Blancodeviosa said...

pissy- yeah, i know and maybe they will, but i still feel bad, and i'm not even jewish. i just feel like i've been harrassing a dead guy, like he even knows or gives a shit about ebay anymore.

Nikki Neurotic said...

I had been in the Village like a week before the shooting. Scary shit.

I think death is a good excuse for slacking off on the Ebay stuff...but as far as I know, the names of the people killed there weren't publicized too well...even next door in Jersey. So don't feel too bad.

Blancodeviosa said...

silver- i bet it is scary.. especially if you can't even walk down the street. sheeezz...

captain corky said...

That's some crazy shit...

Anonymous said...

ebay can be tricky sometimes. I had a bad experience with a buyer for a 1300 item.
You really had no idea of knowing so I would have to say your assholeness is cancelled.
tc

Blancodeviosa said...

corky- indeed

cat- i always feel guilty.. even if i didn't do it.
maybe i was jewish in another life


or fred willard perhaps :)

Anonymous said...

maybe you were jewish..lmao.

Blancodeviosa said...

cat- i used to think i was a chiuhuahua in a former life..
you know all twitchy and bitchy and insane?
but now i am beginning to wonder...


crap that just throws my theory all to hell!!

Mob said...

Good luck with your litigious endeavors.

;P

Blancodeviosa said...

mob- thanks, i guess...