Oct 4, 2007

I'm a Tarot retard.


I decided awhile back that I really didn't have enough to do with my job, being a mother, getting to the gym sporatically and blogging that I would learn how to read tarot cards.. I iz a jeen-yus.
So, I went to the book store, bought the cards etc.. The really
medieval ones that even the most seasoned pagan couldn't read. The antiquated language leaves me..well feeling stupid to say the least. I think I am doing so good. I seem to be out of my fucking mind understanding each card in my Celtic Cross formation and THEN I get to 9th card meant to represent inner hopes, hidden emotions, fears etc.. and I get the 5 of Wands.

5 0f Wands Definition- Petty arguements between groups of people. A sham of a fight. A squabble. Yet of course many different cards have many different meanings.
*Ok so, I either hope groups of people fight, or I fear a sham squabble.*

Oh.Em.Eff.BeGeeNess.. I suck at this. What kind of
Pagan am I? Definetly the kind that won't get invited to the next Hot Wicca Mama's Bake Sale, I can assure you.

Too top it off, the 10th card meant to represent the final results (Sum total of all other cards) is
the Fool.

The Fool Definition- Innocence, Blinded by ignorance, the novice.
*Well no shit Sherlock. I wouldn't have bought the damn book if I thought I could master this today. So apparently this is some big cosmic ha- ha. Lesson learned.

Or Not. I'm already shopping for my next deck of cards. The really
pretty ones. And the Idiot's Guide.




12 comments:

Jay said...

"Definetly the kind that won't get invited to the next Hot Wicca Mama's Bake Sale, I can assure you."

Oh I don't know. What kind of cookies would you bake? I think the quality of the cookies is more important than anything else. ;-)

eric1313 said...

I'd need the idiot's guide to each card.

The idiots guide to the death card, the devil, the tower, nine of swords... er... the idiot's guide to the fool?

Keep going; one can only enrich themself by learning the arts of our pagan past. Rock on!

Anonymous said...

When all else fails you can always play a game of strip Tarot!:)

tc

Mike Minzes said...

I hear it doesn't work if you do it on yourself. Have someone else pick the cards.

Maybe it was saying "I'm fooling you", not "You are a fool"

Al said...

Back when I was a teen goth... I had a big thing about the occult etc.
I had a set of Aleister Crowley tarot cards with some beautiful artwork.
I got rid of all that crap when I split with the young lady who got me into it.
Dearie me... ;0

eric1313 said...

I said
"Keep going; one can only enrich themself by learning the arts of our pagan past" without adding, 'like we've all seen in the Evil Dead movies so many times?'

I'm slipping...

Cazzie!!! said...

Hot Wicca Mama's Bake Sale...LMAO :)

cathy said...

The five of wands (rods) represents confusion and lack of a definite goal and the fool in position 10 connects to that as you are stepping into the unknown, so basically if you don't know what you want it is pretty hard to see the end result.
This isn't a bad thing it just means that you don't have a structured existance leading to a set goal. The fool is one of my favourite cards.

The Aquarian deck by palladini is much better for novices. The fancier the artwork the harder it is to read the essential meaning of the card.The windows of Tarot by F.D. Graves is a good book to start with too.

so what were the rest of the cards?

Big Pissy said...

So...can you do a reading for me in comments? ;-)

Blancodeviosa said...

jay- evil kinds.. muahahaha..

eric- from one pagan to another, thanks.
and evil dead is the bomb!


cat- oh u betcha :)

mike- no i'm sure, it was saying i'm a fool.
because, i am

al- so what are you saying?

cazzie- yeah, it goes over here in west texas republican central.

cathy- maybe i should have you do my cards. you're good!

pissy- i can try, but as you see i suck at it. but i'm learning

eric1313 said...

Clink!

Here's to motivation on a Sunday!

Blancodeviosa said...

Motivation? What's that?
That must be one of them foreign words.