Oct 15, 2007

Weekends

Aaaah.. weekends.


Saturday in bed again. All day. Fingers swollen, body aching, down and out lupus stuff. Feeling sorry for myself. Almost went the whole day without smoking though. Then I realized I hadn't smoked all day and had to run outside to remedy it. Same for food. I won't be a bit hungry and then I realize there is cake and I have to run to the kitchen to remedy that too. Ain't OCD a bitch? It's like I can't shake it out of my mind until I eat or smoke. Then the guilt sets in. And around and round we go. Merry-go-round emotions.. You can give Mac your condolences
here.


Sunday- I can't stop moving. Now it's time to catch up on all the crap I didn't do on Saturday. I finally got all my really summery shit out of my closet and boxed and hang up all my new purchases. Another lovely side effect of bi-polar. Spending money. Anyhoo.. Mac even remarked that he had forgotten what my couch looked like.

Ouch.

I then made chocolate mousse from scratch, banana bread and a pesto pasta dish I concocted. Gotten fatten them all up for the slaughter.

Oops. i said that out loud. I just keep telling the kids that the alter is for all Mommies pretties. They aren't entirely convinced daggers and cauldrons are pretty though.



So that's about the pace with me. Dead to the world or shimming around like a caffeinated ferret.

Peace to ya Mother's.

13 comments:

Paul Champagne said...

Yay ... someone that had a worse weekend than me.

Oooops, I mean ... so sorry you weren't feeling well, hope you've kicked that bug.

Jay said...

I watched football this weekend and ... umm .. well ... oh and I drank too. Whew! There for a second I thought I didn't do anything. ;-)

Anonymous said...

Sorry you haven't been feeling well blanco. My wife's sister and her daughter have Lupus so I kinda understand your pain.

I like the mommies pretties line, it sounds like something out of a Rob Zombie movie.lol

eric1313 said...

I've read a lot of Flannery O'Conner. She did an awful lot of her short story writing in a hospital bed, suffering from lupus.

Hope you find the middle road sometime again. Caffeinated Ferret? I'm a cheetah on amphetamines, sometimes. Metabolism is, anyway.

Ahh, the compulsions that drive we... I'll forget to eat all day, and then after an hour of the shakes turning into a headache, I remember that my body can't live off of eating it's own organs....

eric1313 said...

btw--found out I'm 89% zombie proof! woo-hoo!

Big Pissy said...

I'm sorry your weekend sucked.....well...Saturday, anyway.

I want some bread pudding!

captain corky said...

I bet that mousse was good. Yum!

I hope you're feeling better today. It's raining and kind of dreary out here today.

Blancodeviosa said...

paul- ahaha.. it's ok. you can say you had a bad weekend here! i commiserate better than i encourage.

jay- well that's something. not saying it's a good something, but something. ha!

queen- alcoholics welcome. i find them to be alot better company than..ummm.. just about anybody. drunks and dogs, that's my cup o' tea!

cat- i am sorry about your wifes sister and niece. there alot of people out there with alot more pain and agony than me. i really try not feel sorry for myself and plug along. life is full of surprises good and bad. thank you though. take care and have a good week.

eric- i wish i could forget about eating! maybe i would be able to fit back in my jeans! damn it..
i'm beginning to develop the dreaded muffin top effect. it's a thing of beauty i tell ya. ;o
...oh and congrats on the zombie thing. i am sure i am up there with you.


pissy- thanks darlin'. i really shouldn't let myself get to that point but i do.
guess that's why i cook. you can't concentrate of bad shit if your elbows deep in batter. Ahahaha..
..and you said the magic word. BREAD PUDDING! that sounds so good right now. but i am taking inspiration from you doll and i am going to shed the 20lbs. i've gained lately. ok maybe 10, i'm not 25 anymore!


corky- the mousse was amazing. i made it with dark chocolate so it had a kick but next time i think i will do milk chocolate and then dunk my head right in there! bobbing for graham crackers! mmmm... chocolate.

Blancodeviosa said...

Oh and i almost forgot. Actually, the caffeinated ferret thing was coined by our good friend Mob. He's a hoot!

Al said...

Sounds like youre a lady to accompany me on a shopping trip. I'm crap at it ~ you know, buying stuff.

eric1313 said...

That's OK about the caffeinated ferret thing. I think I cam up with the cheetah on amphetamines line at Mob's place, too.

Blancodeviosa said...

al- ok lets go! i'm good at it. i can spend hours looking at nothing. take me to an antique store and then you might never see me again!

eric- yep, dudes got a million of them. i told him the other day that i missed getting drunk and heckling movies with him. good times..

Nikki Neurotic said...

Sorry you've not been feeling well, physically or mentally. Sounds like a bitch.

Can I come to your house to eat though? Sounds very yummy!