Jul 31, 2007

Bound and Tagged

tagged by al, here's a little bit about yours truly~


1. What's your signature dish when cooking?

i am not sure if i have a signature dish. i can cook fairly well, but it's mostly italian pasta dishes. i always change them up though because i never follow recipes. i think my chicken marsala is pretty good

2. If you had a time machine, but only the ability to jump forward or back 5 times, where would you go in time and why?

this is hard. personally i would go back to the 80's and fix my damn hair.
politically, the viet-nam era would be interesting to see. i would be down there on the line protesting and getting locked up. or maybe the 30's or 40's in the dawn of "talkies" when movies meant something. i would say a futuristic adventure, but i am scared of what i might see there.

3. What's the most attractive feature, physical or otherwise in a person?

looks haven't really ever mattered to me. i like kind eyes, a nice smile and a wicked sense of humor.

4. When at high school, what did you want to be when you grew up?

i have always wanted to be a nurse. i like to help people. instead i became a desk jockey. life is ironic.

5. Where in the world are your 5 all time favourite places and what makes them so special?

there is a little pond in arizona that reminds me of a mythical forest. i absolutely feel at peace there.
the places i really want to see though are all in europe. the states seem pretty dead to me.

for this one i am tagging jay, pauline, what a crock, captain corky and etain. here's your 5! ~

1. Where do you picture yourself in 5 years and why?-
2. What is your favorite memory of childhood?-
3. If you could choose your parents, would you change?-
4. Do you think we just exist or do we have a specific purpose?-
5. If you could live anywhere, where would it be and why?-

14 comments:

MacGuffin said...

EVERYTHING you cook is yummy, honey. :)

Al said...

Good answers Ma'am.

Yeah, I'm not a whizz in the kitchen but I can happily throw the contents of the fridge in a pan or oven and usually come up with something tasty - cookery books are for weaklings.

I guess nurses over there get paid as shittily as over here which is usually the way with the most important jobs - I wouldn't mind looking after patients too. The amount of time over the past 2 years or so that I've spent in hospitals and hospices with sick and dying relatives, every damn nurse, doctor or medical type *always* commented on my caring nature and asked if I'd like a job!

Funny how America looks cool from my view here in Europe!

You've set some nice questions btw.

Blancodeviosa said...

mac- umm.. not always, but thanks hun ;)
your not picky so it's easy

al- they get paid ok here, but hospitals are always cutting back so the administrators can get rich. same old crap. it's too bad. patient care is compromised.
it's funny how things always look better acrossed the ocean. i guess life is the same anywhere you go. it's all just a matter of prospective. i liked the questions alot. thank you. i need to go back and set the links to you all. i completely forgot last night.

captain corky said...

Good answers! Those are some tough questions. I'm going to have to give them some thought. I hope my brain doesn't melt. ;)

Dx said...

Do not eat that parrot

Blancodeviosa said...

corky- take it slow..

dx- nope, he's too cute. he just likes the shiny thing in my daughters lip.

Jay said...

Interesting answers.

If it hadn't been for my general lack of compassion I might have gone into the medical or nursing fields too. Not that THAT has ever stopped most people currently working as a nurse. LOL

I'll have to give those questions some thought. Especially #3. That's a question that can take some us to deep dark places that we don't even let our therapists go. ;-)

Unknown said...

aaaaaargh! Nooooooh!
Thankyou, I love talking about myself as you can probably tell from the overwhelming amount of personal info on my blog. aaaaaaargh! (it stands repeating)
I will now go and consider my answers and then I will see you at playtime (teehee)

In Ink said...

I don't have my own blog any more Blancy so I'm using yours and several others. Before you start whining and saying I'm mean :op please read.

I have a friend, Warren, who I’ve known ever since I have been in the good ol’ US of A. He is one of this country’s finest products, one of the really good guys. He has a good heart and despite the many problems life has thrown at him and his wife he has come through it all and has always made time to offer help to those who need it regardless of his own situation. His friendship, and that of his wife and brother, has helped many people inc. myself through difficult times.

Right now he needs a little help having just been told that, as well as all of his other health problems, he has a tumor which, benign or malignant, seriously complicates his treatment options for his other ailments.

Warren is a man of faith and believes in the power of prayer and so I ask you and your readers to please take a few minutes to say a prayer for him.

I am not exactly a regular churchgoer to say the least but I’ll be praying for a good outcome for him as hard as anyone. This is all I can think of to do for him right now.

Thanks!

Drizel said...

ahhhh I just blogged...whahahahaha...ok I will add the questions somehow, somewhere over the rainbow:)

eric1313 said...

thankyou for not tagging me. I have a lot of tags to catch up on as it is. Something creative will come of it.

Hope you are having fun. The rest of us suffer more and more...
but not too much suffering.

I am pretty stoned right now!

Mike Minzes said...

Love the picture!

Love the meme!!

eric1313 said...

Not as stoned today... it isn't fair. Schwaggy hydro going around...

sux

anyway, hope the bloodsucker goes away. You may need to cauterize the bastard off of you!

Blancodeviosa said...

jay- you can do it!!!!!

pauline- you know you love it ;)

michael- most definetly i will.. you can use my blog anytime :)

etain- its ok if you don't, i understand.

eric- i see. wacky weed eh? there isn't any good stuff around this place

mike- thanks. how's it going with you?

eric- you can always go back to sniffing the clonopan bottle.